Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Clogging Creates Lifelong Friendships in Two's

In the words of Kylie Arbogast: "There's twos of the them!"

During the summer of 2003, I danced with the Little Switzerland Cloggers at the Monterey Lions Club Street Dance. Little did I know that during that performance, I would dance with two little five-year-olds that would later become a vital part of my team as well as my dreams.

Chelsey Isles and Emily Kimble are two of my senior dancers with Sundance Express and the Little Switzerland Cloggers. They were those little five-year-old's at the 2003 Street Dance. See them in the picture below? They have their backs to the camera. Emily is wearing the purple shirt and Chelsey has on the red dress. My mouth dropped when I dusted the cobwebs off this picture and figured out who those little girls were. And, yup, that big, goofy-looking, beanpole in the middle of everything leading the "Cinnamon Twist" is me.... *sigh*.
I've noticed over the years that Clogging not only builds friendships, but it seems to build them in "two's." Chelsey and Emily are one of those pairs. I recall several two's in the Little Switzerland Cloggers over the years: Shelly Roberts and Chrissy Cauley, Candace Hammer and Lori Siron, Tiffany Hotz and myself (aka: Tata and Dada courtesy of my niece, Rebecca), Sarah Bradley and Cindy Hull, Ashley Waggoner (now Arbogast) and Amber Botkin, Mary Kate Cobb and Kayla Simmons, and so many more. In addition to Emily and Chelsey, LSC also has another "two" - Sydney Armstrong and Katelyn Hise.

Last Saturday, the Little Switzerland Cloggers performed at Douthat State Park in Bath County, Virginia. After the show, we all witnessed the next "two" - Heidi Grimes and Kylie Arbogast, daughters of two of our current dancers.






Left: Emily and Chelsey "all growed up" dancing together with their Contemporary Duo "Monster"

Below: Heidi Grimes and Kylie Arbogast at Douthat State Park.

Could these two be the next Emily and Chelsey? Only time will tell. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment